Part of responsible gun ownership is knowing how to safely store your firearms. Former CIA officer Jason Hanson joins us again with the tools and methods you need to use to make sure you can access your firearms when you need them, but still keep them safely stored away from other people, such as thieves or children.
- Gun safes come in a variety of sizes and portability. They can be secured with spin-dial combinations or digital PIN codes.
- Always get proper training for owning a gun. Proper training is a huge part of responsible gun ownership.
Jason gives us these four rules of firearm safety:
- Treat all guns as if they’re always loaded.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you’re ready to use it.
- Never point a gun at anything you’re not willing to shoot.
- Know what is behind what you’re shooting. Know what you might hit if you miss your target.