Do you know how to protect yourself when you’re using the internet? Most people unknowingly leave themselves vulnerable to hackers and identity thieves, but with these tips from Jason Hanson, you can protect yourself and your data to make sure you don’t get taken advantage of.
- Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to encrypt your data while using the internet
- Hackers use fake wifi spots to get into your computer
- You can freeze your credit through each of the credit bureaus to make sure no one uses yours
- Always use strong passwords and two-factor authentication
- Use a different password for each website, not the same strong password for all of them
- Use two-factor authentication to have a code sent to your phone when logging in