In the event of an emergency, such as a natural disaster, you may find that you need to evacuate your home quickly. If this were to happen, you wouldn’t want to be caught unprepared. Jason Hanson brings us some tips to prepare ahead of time in the event that you need to get out of your home in just a few minutes.
- Divide roles among family members to get things done faster, keep the plan simple
- Always keep at least half a tank of gas in the car
- Prepare evacuation bags with food, water, supplies, extra clothes, medication
- You can find 72-hour kits online easily
- Keep your evacuation bags in an easily reachable place ready to go
- Keep a large container for water with your evacuation bag
- Get an encrypted USB drive with copies of important documents such as licenses and passports