Former CIA officer Jason Hanson returned to The Security Brief to tell viewers about the importance of having an “escape bag” in the trunk of their car. The items in the bag will help them out if you end up stranded somewhere, and can very well save your life.
- Tomahawk – While this may seem strange, a tomahawk can be used to cut through anything preventing your car from moving, such as trees or even ice patches.
- Clotting bandage – If you are cut and bleeding after an accident, a clotting bandage can be applied to the wound. This special bandage has a clotting agent in it which will stop you from bleeding.
- Water-purifying straw – This device can be used to drink from a river or stream, and will purify the water as it goes through, making it safe to drink
- Lighter and dryer lint – Always have a lighter so you can make a fire if needed. You can keep your dryer lint in a bag with the lighter, because the dryer lint can be used as an easy material to start a fire.
- Cash – Always carry cash in case of an emergency.